Encaustic Tile Sealant - Aquamix Seal And Finish Low Sheen
or make 4 interest-free payments of $14.75 AUD fortnightly with More infoSave $-59.00
Aquamix Seal And Finish Low Sheen
- Specially formulated water-based blend
- Provides a stain resistant surface seal and durable low-sheen finish
- Eliminates conventional two-step methods utilising a sealer and finish.
- May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer.
- Allows moisture vapour transmission and is unaffected by ultra-violet light.
For use on:
- Encaustic tiles.
- Effective for interior and exterior applications.
Limitations to the Product
- Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- Not recommended for use on glazed ceramic tile.
- Not recommended for use around pools, showers or areas subject to standing water.
- Keep surface clean and dry to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.
General Surface Prep
Surface should be dry, clean and free of waxes, sealers, or finishes. Do not apply directly over silicone sealers, oil or wax based finishes. Aqua Mix® Sealer & Coating Remover will strip the surface and remove wax or old acrylic finishes. Place a few drops of water on various tiles. If water doesn't penetrate, additional removal is necessary. New installations need to dry at least 48 hours before application. Clay and Saltillo tile may require extended drying time depending on temperature and humidity. Make sure the tiles are completely dry before application. Test product in obscure area to ensure desirable results.
Application of Product
Read entire label before using. For new installations, sealer can be applied to a dry surface as soon as 48 hours after grouting. Surface must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings. Apply 2-3 coats of finish with a clean dense sponge, brush or paint pad applicator in thin, even coats. Allow 30 minutes drying time between coats.
Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting follow application procedures above.
Ready for surface traffic 6 hours after final coat. Keep area dry for at least 12 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
Cleaning of equipment
Clean tools and hands with soap and water immediately after use.
- Close container tightly after each use
- Store in original container only
- Store and use between temperatures of 40°F 90°F (4°C 32°C)
- Dispose of residue or any unused leftover product in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local requirements
MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE EYES AND SKIN. Wear skin and eye protection. Do not breathe vapor or spray. Contains potassium methylsiliconate. If in eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes. If on skin, wash with soap and water. If respiratory tract is irritated, move to fresh air. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting and seek medical attention.
Additional product information is available from the manufacturer upon request.
EXPECTED WEAR UP TO 3 YEARS
- Will vary depending on hardness and texture of surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency, and type of maintenance products used
- Expect more frequent application on exterior areas
- Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear
Depending on type, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity, and method of application.
Size: 1 Gallon (3.78 L)
Min Coverage: 300 sq. ft. (28 M²)
Max Coverage: 1,000 sq. ft. (93 M²)